Professional Sales Negotiations
To build lasting, profitable client relationships, salespeople must be able to negotiate agreements that benefit everyone: the customer, the salesperson, and their organization. Professional Sales NegotiationsTM provides your salespeople with the concepts and skills needed to steer face-to-face negotiations to a successful close.
In three modules — Defining, Preparing, and Leading — the programme teaches your salespeople how to:
- Determine which situations require selling skills versus transactional or consultative negotiation skills and when to use these skills.
- Analyze the customer and sales points of view to gain the perspective needed to negotiate effectively.
- Develop a negotiating strategy that optimizes the outcome for all parties and results in a mutually beneficial agreement.
- Adopt a rational mindset for negotiating.
- Lead a consultative sales negotiation through to a successful conclusion.
- Redirect counterproductive behaviors to maintain a consultative approach.
- Generate variables and alternatives that satisfy the requirements of all parties and satisfy both negotiating and relationship goals.
- Utilize planning tools that enable success—in both planned and spontaneous negotiations.
Professional Sales NegotiationsTM is built on recent global research that identified the critical factors associated with negotiation success today and into the future. A two-day programme, Professional Sales NegotiationsTM focuses on three key areas:
- Defining the Approach
- Preparing for the Negotiation
- Leading the Negotiation
Throughout the programme, participants focus on planning for their own client negotiations, brainstorming options with their peers, and practicing negotiation strategies.
Targets and usages
Your salespeople will:
- Improve their sales performance by refining their ability in a critical selling skill.
- Experience more confidence in handling challenging negotiations.
- Feel a greater sense of control during negotiating sessions.
- Experience stronger salesperson/customer relationships by ensuring that the customer benefits.
Your customers will enjoy:
- Negotiating with salespeople interested in reaching a mutually beneficial agreement, not just a sale.
- Reaching agreements that are compatible with their organizations’ needs and goals.
- Staying up-to-date on all the details and commitments of new agreements and the steps needed to finalize them.
"The solutions are pragmatic, practical and can be implemented directly into day-to-day business."
MATERIALS MANAGER, EATON AUTOMOTIVE
The Miller Heiman Group Certified Sales Professional programme is advanced professional B2B training, based on the proven Miller Heiman Group Sales System® that will take your performance to the next level and elevate your status within the global sales community.
You can select workshops according to your priorities and needs, or opt for the official and highly valued Miller Heiman Group Certified Sales Professional Certification, that can be obtained at any one of our European Sales Academies.
Certification tracks have been specifically designed for individual sales roles.
Don't hesitate to contact us with individual questions.
Personal contact is always the best option. This is why we gladly call you, free of charge, at your desired date. Simply leave a phone number and tell us when we can call you.